Friday, October 16, 2009

To all the the stupid parents out there!

Warning: You may not want to read this because it's pretty much just a rant session by ME. I might say things that seem a bit negative & will probably use a lot of parenthesis. Just letting you know.

Today we went to McDonalds. A really fancy McDonalds (Lehi) with a playground that makes music when you play on the toys (not important but cool). The entire time, not one freakin' parent was paying attention to their kids. In less than five minutes of being there, I watched a kid poor his juice box down the baby slide, another one grabbing the little kids from behind and pulling them down, hitting, pushing, screaming, budging, stomping on fingers, tripping & the list goes on. Not ONE kid stopped to apologize (seriously) & not ONE parent stepped in to correct their horrible behavior (seriouslyyyy).
I was HORRIFIED & not to mention EMBARRASSED.

They had 2 areas. One for everybody & one for 3yrs old & under. There's a sign stating the age rule but there were 6 boys (at least 10 years old) playing in there, jumping over babies, accidentally kicking & stepping on them & once again.....not one apology or one parent intervened. I know it's not some congress-passed law that 3 and under should play there but what are we teaching our kids? That it's okay to follow the rules sometimes, or my personal favorite "well everyone else's kids are doing it"........grrrrr.

WAKE UP!

We are raising self-entitled, helpless, indulged, spoiled brats! We're failing our kids. I probably sound like a raving lunatic but I'm okay with that. I have one major goal in life & that is to raise kids that are loving, happy & compassionate to those less fortunate. I'm sure most people want that too but it won't happen if we just let things go, ignore it or keep saying YES. I mean heaven forbid that our kids feel disappointed, mad, embarrassed, sad or jealous.....sounds like LIFE to me, it ain't no fantasy (love that song BTW). Nobody is perfect (except me) but just make an effort, it's not that hard. Pull your head out, call your kids on their $hit & do the RIGHT thing.

The only thing I regret about this post is that it won't reach the people that need to hear it the most. So if you know a stupid parent (we all do) mention my blog in passing or better yet, hand them a business card with my blog address on it & a direct link to this post. Oh, the hate mail I would get, better fix my comments setting {cackle cackle}.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh Crystal! Mike and I talk about this all the time! How right you are! It has never killed a child (that I know of anyway) to be told "NO" for doing something that they shouldn't be doing!! Great post!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I have to agree. I teach teenagers - enough said!

Melanie said...

Hey I had a similar situation at the exact same mcdonalds. About 4-5older boys were goofing off in the little kid area and I watched it for about 15 min. and could not take it anymore!

Finally I went over to them and told them to leave the area! Hello read the damn sign:) The mom watched me do this and still did not say anything to the boys and I got a horrible look!(I think it was a birthday party) I am so glad you posted this cause it is sooo true!

Where are you living right now?

Melissa said...

AMEN SISTA! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Can I get a HALLELUJAH!!!

Granny Annie said...

Better words never spoken!!!! I completely agree!

Erin said...

I'm one hundred percent with you! Seriously parents, be parents!

Designs by Jenai said...

So glad to see I am not the only person (parent) who feels this way. When you become a parent you must PARENT. You watch your child and you correct them when they do things they shouldn't, that's how they learn to be good citizens in society. Oh gosh I can feel myself getting worked up, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

As the parent of a 16 year old son, I know the amount of time that it takes to raise a great kid so that he can become a great young man. It's awesome when others compliment your hard work and you see the benefits of your work.