Saturday, December 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am so EXCITED to be home! We had Thanksgiving with the Schofields this year & my sister in law Josi was an awesome host (as always). I was going to send a thank you in the mail but since she's a blogger I'll just do it here - THANK YOU, THANK YOU ,THANK YOU!! We really had an awesome time and you always make us feel SO welcome. I took tons of pictures but sent the laptop back with Nick so I'll have to post them later. Anyway, Nick flew back to CO on Monday and I headed to Milfy. It's always a whirlwind around here with places to go & people to see so time flies by TOO fast. I went with my mom and Aunt Mary Jo (aka...Jillian) to work out and left Kendra with grandpa. On our way home, I called to check on them and Grandpa was changing a POOPY diaper.....way to go Dad! When we pulled into the driveway, there they were, all bundled up and on the riding lawn mower. She was grinning from ear to ear. What a fun babysitter!
We drove over to CC so I could sub for bunco and it was a blast. We had it at "Hotel Whittaker" and Lynette practically put on a BUFFET. It was D-LISH! Everyone won a prize, even ME, I won towels (are you excited Nick?). I miss my old bunco pals {tear}. We've stayed here for a few nights and Kendra has about 6 bruises on her face and head now. She's fell of the couch, into the granite fireplace and had a ceramic snowman fall on her head. I guess I should have brought a helmet. Now we're headed to town for the StoryBook Parade and to see Santa Clause. Gotta run!

12 comments:

Nat Lud said...

We loved having you back! It was so awesome. And Kendra is still the cutest baby ever. We've missed you guys. But, really, did ya have to put that pic of me up? My mouth seriously could not be open wider!

Melissa said...

You never did say how it was to sleep in your OWN bed?! So, how was it?? You should blog about it. I'm glad you're home, too. We can't wait to see you. LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

Kendra looks right at home with her buddy--what a cute grandpa! Looks like the Lawn Ranger's woman outdid herself. I wanna win some of her prizes. :) I can't wait to see you!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josi said...

You are so very welcome, you guys are wonderful guests and it was absolutely fabo to have you guys stay with you. The house got empty really fast :-( And thanks for finally posting a picture of Crystal's new hair--since she won't do it. Have a great time in Milford--I've no doubt everyone is as happy to see you as you are to see them.

Grandma 'D' said...

Josi is so right....so glad you are home for awhile...only one thing missing...NICK! Can't have a party without him now can we?

LuDLoW LiFe said...

It was great to see you at Buncos. We sure miss ya! Kendra is a doll, and it sounds like you had a great time at Thanksgiving and all of your other travels. It is always nice to be home though!

Granny Annie said...

So glad to have our cheery little grandaughter back to visit again!
The pictures and fun times are great to see and hear about!
Can't wait to see little cutie, Kendra.
Love ya all! Wish Nick was here too, but for CHRISTmas huh?
Gram

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

How exciting and what fun pictures. My girls LOVE their grandpas, too. Hope you have a fun visit - hopefully I'll see ya around.

Crystal said...

that was a fun bunco night--what a crazy bunch of girls!!! We just can't get enough of you--Karly is ticked your in Milfy--she sorta thinks your a superstar--but who can blame her really?! WE might need to head there some day this week to appease our princess :)

p.s.
love he music--well except track 2 (he he he-that'll tick you off right? actually I like this song, I've never actually listened to it)

Whitney said...

Glad you had an awesome Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for taking our picture. We just got it printed at Wal-Mart and it looks great. I think we're going to send it up with Crystal and Jairus since we can't make it.

Melissa said...

OK, little sister! Your letter is G. GO for it, ha, ha!