Friday, September 18, 2009

Panguitch Lake

July 2009

While Nick was in Casper Wyoming, K & me stayed in Milford. We haden't seen him for a month or more so I planned a surpise weekend to Panguitch Lake, one of our favorite places to go. To make a complicated story short, we knew these awesome people I called Grandma & Grandpa but weren't really blood relation. They've both passed away now but their children are so sweet & generous to let us stay at their family cabin still. As a little girl we spent almost every summer there for at least a week or so & then when I married Nick we had our honeymoon there (well not officially but that's a whole different post). Anyway, our 7th year anniversary was coming up so, like I said, I planned a weekend for us. I packed all our fishing stuff, planned out a menu & rented a pontoon boat. It seemed perfect......but then we ran out of firewood in the middle of the night, our pontoon boat was a piece of crap, rain & wind ruined our fishing day & Kendra cried for an hour cuz she wanted to go swimming & even tried to jump off the boat. It didn't turn out perfect like I had planned but we still had fun.
1st tantrum of many

Vintage Aluminum Cups: these things keep your drink ice cold & everything tastes better in them.....not even joking!

2nd tantrum & counting

Check out the seats.....yikes!

Mrs. Multi-Tasking enjoying a tantrum free moment

What a Trophy

8 comments:

Nat Lud said...

You two seriously have the cutest family. All three of ya just make me smile. Glad ya had a little getaway. You totally should have borrowed our pontoon boat. It ain't pretty but it's seats are at least fully covered! :)

Josi said...

Sounds so much like a trip Lee and I took to Flaming George with two little ones in tow. We rented a boat for the day--and only used it for two hours because the kids were crying. then it rained so bad our tent flooded. We ended up packing up the car at midnight and driving to a hotel--I was so bummed. All the effort and money for a fun weekend literally washed away--but we now use it as blackmail material for our two oldest darlings, and that's always useful :-)

Melissa said...

Oh, how I miss the cabin. Maybe next summer. You guys are so cute, but the little redhead wins the 'cuteness' contest for sure. Miss you!

Grandma 'D' said...

O.k cutest pic of my little redhead on the front porch throwing a tantrum! But, what the he_ _ is Natalie doing commenting at 3:14 a.m. Seriously girl don't you sleep?

Steph said...

Fun stuff. I loved that cabin. I wanna go back!

Granny Annie said...

What a great celebration!~ different than your first honeymoon....you have little Kendra now!...even better! Although everything wasn't perfect, what memories you have made! And it is the great surpize you planned that counts! How fun!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

My favorites: 1. the tantrum picture - I mean who hasn't been there? And 2. the last one of you and Nick - so cute! Sounds like a much needed trip even if it didn't turn out as planned.

Crystal said...

YOu guys are so cute! And can I mention that I LOVE your new background? It may not be NEW, but new since I last checked very cute!