Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We made it!!

Despite the "shortcut" we took to get here & a few kinks with our new home, WE MADE IT. I guess the more surprising news is that we're still married & no talk of divorce is in the air. We live in Manitou Springs just next to Colorado Springs. It's beautiful here & there's a million things to see & do. Trailer life ain't too bad beside the frequent wildlife encounters. Come to find out, the nice owners of the RV park (where we live) informed me not to leave garbage out & stressed the importance of keeping Honey on a leash because of the "critters" they have. So I'm thinking squirrels, deer, the occasional skunk. Nope, we have BEARS and they have names. In fact the third day we were here, Nick was outside draining the sewer when a bear came through camp & asked if I wanted to come see it. He knows I'm terrified of bears and thinks he's hillarious. Anyway - I didn't go see it & now everytime I take Honey out I'm looking over my shoulder so I don't end up on the 5 o'clock news.

So besides the bears, things are going great. I'm at the library & I only have 6 minutes left so I better wrap this session up. I can't post pictures here so sorry. Have a great day!!

5 comments:

Granny Annie said...

So glad to read a blog from you!...we really miss you! As I was reading your blog I was thinking.....instead of telling baby Kendra the story of the "The Three Bears", when she is a little older, you can tell her a true story of real bears where she lived and she can be "Goldie Locks".
Will continue to watch for blogs.
Love you! Hug little Kendra!

Grandma 'D' said...

I miss you so much, but am glad everything is going so well for your little family. Bears...are scary! I would have been out there that night. Kisses for Kendra, I am having withdrawals....no happy girl in the morning you know
luv ya!

Melissa said...

Too bad we don't get the Colorado news. . . bear attacks and all. Anyway, we're glad everything is going OK. Can't wait to come for a visit. Love you!

Nat Lud said...

I am so glad you guys are getting settled in! I was so happy to see a post. Can't wait until you can get some pics on and show us your new stomping grounds!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

A new blog...how exciting! I'm glad you found a library, so I can keep in touch with my baby sister :)