Friday, November 14, 2008

What we've been up to

This week Kendra started swim lessons. It's the cutest little class where they do little songs & nursery rhymes with actions for the water. Then we practice kicking & splashing & going under water. I was a little worried about the "going under" part but no reaction is good right? She just comes up, wipes her eyes & is ready for the next game. SHE LOVES IT. They also give them all a squirt toy to carry around. She picks the same one every time....a yellow penguin.....and if she can't hold it in her hands she carries it around in her mouth. Do you think she picked that up from the dog? They do spend a lot of time together.In NICK NEWS lately, he continues to have a severe case of buck fever. He often calls me on his way home from work and tell me about the deer he's seen. This is one of his latest finds, if you can see. The one in the middle is pretty big.

This last picture is K & her daddy watching THE WONDER PETS . Everytime the opening song comes on, Kendra starts to hyperventilate so we're pretty sure it's her favorite. Anyho0 - there's nothing cuter than these 2 having a little cuddle time. It melts me!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

love the picture of Miss Honey and little K in the laundry basket! We are so friggin excited to see you guys! Karly came in to tell me today it was "one day closer till Aunt Cystal is coming for her LONG visit!" (accompanied by her fishy face--you know she is excited when that comes out!)

Rachel said...

Oh, so sweet. But it looks like Kendra is the only one "watching" her show. I wish I could see her at her swim lessons. Hope we get to see you over Thanksgiving!! Hope we're actually in Salt Lake long enough!!

Grandma 'D' said...

I was thinking the same thing...i think Nick is catching a few zzzzzzz's. Anyway, cute pics as always and can't wait to see you guys. By the way Dad is buying a web cam in Provo if he can get to Wal=Mart. So excited.

Lindsay Cheney said...

What a great mom you are! My four year old, Dylan, still hasn't been to swim lessons. I know you are shaking you head at me. I swear next summer it will happen! I love the pics. I hope to see you when you are down! Take Care

Josi said...

Hey if Nick can sleep WHILE snuggling--it's double prizes if you ask me. And when you mentioned Buck fever I had a flashback to that roommate he had that picked up roadkill--I hope he doesn't get that desperate :-) Can't wait to see you guys.

Granny Annie said...

Love the precious "little mermaid". It is great you are putting her in swimming lessons. Wish I could watch! You can't be too safe with your little ones! And how cute that she picks the same Penquin everytime!
Adorable picture of Daddy and his little girl!
Can't wait to see you!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I loved the swimming stories - so cute! Also, the Nick and Kendra pictures are heart warming. I just love seeing a daddy cuddle his sweetheart of a daughter (or two in our family). Good times - keep sharing!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Swimming lessons sound awesome. Tell Nicky that his deer pictures give me buck fever, and I am just so excited to see the new blogs. Love you guys!

Steph said...

that is just darling. I love wonder pets too. Kendra is entering the cartoon phase. Nice.