Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Binki, No More!

This is just a final farewell to our good friend Binki, aka Na Nigh. I've put this off for months thinking that Kendra would have a really hard time giving up this little device - HA! I should have known better. She IS the same child that just refused to breastfeed at 10 months & then decided she was too big for a bottle at 11 months. She is very hard-headed & independent (wonder where she gets that from). I guess I LOVED the bink more than she did, go figure! Anyway all is well at the Schofield house. No sleepless nights, no skipped naps, just another day in paradise - minus the BINKI.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

When we got rid of Lance's, I thought it would be harder than it was, too. Yay, for no binks!

p.s. she must get her hard head from her daddy.....bwaaahahahah!!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Hooray for no binks! Kinda glad Jaxon would never take a binki...unless, of course, it belonged to another baby ;)

Steph said...

It's funny how we hold on to things more than our kids do. Gauge was the same way, I thought for sure it would be hard be he couldn't care less.

LuDLoW LiFe said...

I'm so jealous.. Payton STILL has a binki and LOVES it! We tried cutting the tip off and he freaked out! So did you do it cold turkey, or did she just stop wanting it? Congrats!

Nat Lud said...

Awesome! That girl is so spunky. That's a good thing!

Granny Annie said...

Baby Kendra is a (big) little girl now! Good job Kendra and her mommy and daddy too!
Love ya!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Wow, you guys are lucky. That can be no fun. I usually have a harder time getting rid of bottles, but you lucked out there, too. :)

Grandma 'D' said...

Go Kendra! I see one independent little stinker coming up. I can hardly wait. Hmmmmmm....I Wonder?
Is she that little girl I wished on you when you were a young chica?
I HOpe So.

tl said...

I cannot believe she is already off of binki's. I feel like she should still be a little baby. Sorry I did not come to the party...I did not check my e-mail until after it was over. When are you coming to Cedar again?