Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resolution


I can't believe I'm admitting my New Year Resolution to anyone, let alone publishing it on my blog but wth? Drum roll please.......

GOAL: Take Kendra to church {clapping & muffled giggling}

Now check this out. First Sunday rolls around. I'm laying in bed thinking, I REALLY don't wanna go....Nick was working, I'm really worn out from the holiday's & work.....then I get a text inviting us to go with some friends. I think, "fine whatever" so we get ready. Church at 11am and we are ready and early. We get out of the car, holding Kendra's hand, jump over a snow bank and I hear "RRRRIP"....the entire back of my skirt completely split up the back. With my ass exposed to the world & trying to hold it together, I find my keys and get K back in the car. We drive back to the house, change my skirt and go back to church. Did I mention my stipulations of going to church? Well let me tell ya! NO SPEAKING IN CHURCH, NO CHURCH CALLING & NO TEMPLE PREP CLASS. Well turns out that my dear old friends Rog & Jen attend the temple prep class so what's a girl to do? I wasn't going by my lonesome to another class:( So there ya have it....my first week at church.

With that being said, Kendra LOVED it. I took her to Primary (first time ever) and sat her down on the front row. I told her how much fun she was going to have and introduced her to the teacher. She said "I'm gonna miss you mom, give me a hug" and with that she stayed the whole time....no tears and still HAPPY as could be when I picked her up! When I asked her what she learned she said "something cool" so I asked her what that something cool was about and she said "a King that was really mean and tried to steal baby Jesus but don't worry, he didn't find him." Phew!

4 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Um, you and Shelley are just targets for missionary work! :) I hope to be getting an invite to a sealing sometime in the near future . . . ;) Temple prep class isn't all that bad.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I really can't believed you confessed this on your public blog...he, he. All I say, is that when your little gal is as cute as Miss Kendra, you gotta dress her up and find the closest chapel! Hawaii temple, here we come :)

Rachel said...

You. are. so. brave!! I totally wouldn't have gone back after the skirt incident--would've called it a sign. ;) Good job getting your butt (even if exposed to the world) to church. Ahhhahahaha!

And I love K's explanation of the "something cool" she learned. She's a hoot!!

Granny Annie said...

I love it Crystal...you remembered.............
"Thou shalt not Lie"...besides giving me a good laugh!
What a wonderful New Years Resolution!....I am sure little Kendra loves every minute of church! And for her...her mommy and daddy love it too!
Keep up the good work.
I loved temple preparation Class and I had to go all alone.
Love and hugs to you all!
Gram.