Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just a little Poop!

I stayed up sewing last night with my mom until 1:30 am. Usually when I'm super tired, Kendra wakes up super early. This morning was no exception! We had some breakfast, watched Winnie the Pooh, changed a poopy diaper & gave K a bath. The little red-head in charge decided it was time for "OUTSIDE" so she grabbed her Elmo slippers and out we went. That's when I noticed the dog poop so I grabbed a shovel & began my hunt.

I made my way around the house with SUCCESS times four. That's when I let the 3-legged dog out. With 2 dogs, a cat & Kendra at my side we headed back around the house. Still on the look out for poop, I glanced down at a dark spot in the grass. It was a brand new baby bird. It got washed out of the rain gutter last night in the storm. I scooped it up & ran inside to show my mom (like I'm 5 years old). Now don't get me wrong, she's a compassionate person but not so much towards animals.....of any kind. She looked at me like I was crazy & then said "I am NOT holding that". But I needed a picture so I finally talked her into it. Grandma helped K hold it too, she was big stuff. Then just as we were done taking pictures & just as mama D was about to hand it off...........yep, you guessed it...........it POOPED! {classic}
Let me take a minute here so I can LMAO............aaahhhhaaaaa! Mom was gagging & I was laughing hysterical!

I finally got the bird back into the nest with it's 3 brothers/sisters. My sweet mother says it will probably just die but I like to think it was divine intervention that I saved a life today. I'll keep you all posted but right now duty calls........just kidding! I know, I know Mr. Nicholas - girls don't POOP!!

Safe & Sound

7 comments:

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Wow, how adventerous are you! Hope the bird lives!

Nat Lud said...

What a lovely theme for your story! he he. That is such a cute tiny little birdy! Hope it lives! Way to save the day Crystal!

Melissa said...

Great job Dr. Doolittle-Ace Ventura-Mother Teresa...LMAO!! I can't believe you talked mom into touching it, let alone for her to hold it long enough to get pooped on.

Granny Annie said...

I can just see my daughter ...
holding this baby bird!!!! actually this is very serious stuff!!!...but, I do believe we should all pray for this tiny little bird to live! We do not want to have a funeral for it! And DeAnn just remember all babies (no matter the species) POOP!..but maybe not in your hand! HaHaHeHe..would have just loved to see this!..I must say you have had a very intersting day!

Crystal said...

awwww...so cute! sorta weird lookin' when they are that tiny aren't they?!

Our Family said...

Hey Crystal,
You commented a 100 years ago on my blog and I am just now getting back into the blog world.

Good luck with the bird!

Kendra is so freakn cute, she is getting big, even from when I seen you guys at Lynette's house a while back.

That is funny I didnt know that power people have "rodeos" We were just recently in SLC for a the Questar Gas rodeo. Must be a utility thing.

Grandma 'D' said...

Hmmmmmmm...just wondering...are you ever going to blog again. I know you have a lot of pics and fun things to tell people. BLog I say...BLOG!!!