Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday Weekend

As you all know (thanks to Lynette) my birthday was last weekend along with my cute little neice Emma's birthday, yes we share, is that cute or what? Anyway, we had to be in SLC for Nick's class so we went to the Zoo for her 3 year old party. It was fun, even Kendra liked the animals. I'm a lame mother & only got like two pictures & you can't even tell where we are. What do ya do?


I took a load of pictures on the ride up there. Kendra didn't want to sleep & she was bored so I took Miss Honey out of her kennel & she rode on Kendra's lap. She thinks the dog is hillarious. Honey just has to look at her & she goes crazy! Anyway, it kept her pretty busy until she finally fell asleep.

It was nice to spend some time with my little brother & his cute family. We did a BBQ at Steph's sisters house where we gave Emma her presents. We got her a picnic basket complete with dishes, napkins & tons of goodies. She's always inviting me to her pretend picnics so when I seen this cute little basket, I had to get it & of course she loved it!


When we got back on Sunday, my mom had cooked a big birthday dinner & invited some family over. We ate 'till we were sick & then played a game of Farkel (dice game) with Grandma. She was a hoot as always & just adores Kendra. Here's our four generation picture:

FYI - As you can see, I cut my hair! TWELVE inches donated to Locks of Love. Made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside plus cut my hair drying time in half :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Your hair is so cute! I don't think I'll ever chop mine again because the only time it grows is when I'm pregnant. Good for you though donating it.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Your post made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside...because somebody finally updated their blog--HOORAY! You've inspired me to blog a little myself. Well, maybe....

Nat Lud said...

I am so bummed I missed your big b-day! Glad you had a good one. Kendra just gets more adorable everytime I see her. She is so squishable! Hope Nick's tooth is feeling better. . .

Rachel said...

I love your hair & all, but little miss Kendra just steals the show. What a beautiful & happy girl! She's smiling or laughing in every picture. I can't wait to see her again (oh, and you too).