Monday, August 10, 2009

Big Girl Bed...check!

We got home yesterday & realized there is NO more room in our humble abode so I made an executive decision to put away the pack-n-play. Kendra has slept in that thing since she was born & I wasn't sure if she would go for it BUT she did it. Nap time was trickier today & I had to put her back in it about four times but she finally went to sleep..............HOORAY!! Hopefully this isn't beginners luck & she'll stick with it.

Now for the potty training! All you experienced potty training people I need your best advice. So far, Kendra loves to talk about the potty. She loves to take her diaper off, use her stool to climb up on the potty and sit there for a few seconds. She would do this a hundred times if I let her BUT she will not pee. I don't want her to hate it so I don't push it but I really think she could do it if I could get her to actually pee & realize what she's doing. Comments please?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with that stubborn little red-head... I have a feeling she will tell YOU when she's ready to be potty trained... not the other way around. I still wanna steal her, though. We sure do miss you guys!

Granny Annie said...

Just be patient!...she will do it in her own due time!....keep up what you are doing...she will surprise you!
Love ya and miss ya!

Josi said...

My only advice--don't do it. Potty training is just another form of parent abuse (like homework) and the only person that really gets trained is mom. Put her on the toilet now and then, see if she goes, praise her like crazy when she does and then, in about year, buy some cute panties and see if she wants to wear them--with the understanding that you'll throw them away if she wets them, like a diaper, and you won't buy more. If she wets--take them away for a month, then try again.

BUT, keep in mind I am the worlds worst potty trainer, so I ought not be listened to all that closely :-)

Nat Lud said...

Yay for the big girl bed! Bubba is STILL in his crib and I'm keeping him that way until he figures out how to escape! As for the potty training, all I have to say is UGH. I am trying it out just a bit with Bubba and it is not going well! Brooklynn was three before she gave a rats butt about it so I guess I still have some time, eh?

Rachel said...

Hahaha! Why are you even trying training her? Don't you know that she's the trainer? I love that sassy little red head! And if you really want her to actually pee in the potty...keep lots of drinks close by that she likes & have her drink all day. And salty snacks & crackers & stuff that will make her thirsty. You're bound to catch her needing to pee. :)

Crystal said...

ugh, potty training tips? Just wait till they are ready, it is such an exhausting fight if they aren't. But it sounds like you are handling it perfectly, just push a little more each day--maybe set a timer for every 30, or 15 minutes and practice practice!!