Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Terrible 22 Months

I've had a rough day and need to vent so here goes. She, and you all know who I'm talking about, is a MONSTER. I feel like all day has been a constant battle with no winner. First thing in the morning I say "good morning baby" and she says "I wanna cookie". I make eggs, she cries for "cereallllllll". I give her milk, she wants "jew". One thing we agree on is swimming, she loves it, would live at the pool if she could, so we go "simming". She never wants to leave so first tantrum of the day almost results in drowning. Bath time is a chore as she likes to wrap her legs around my neck when I lean her back to wash her hair. Then it's time to get dressed, oops I mean a wrestling match. One point goes to Mama, only because I'm physically stronger. She brushes her teeth while I do her hair, which she pulls out about 5 seconds later (see picture). Usually this is when she wants a movie and then demands "MORE, MORE, MORE". Now for lunch....what should I make? Doesn't matter cuz she ain't gonna eat it. Finally it's nap time but wait.....she needs her silky, her baby & her bunny.

{a moment of silence please}

This is when I regain my composure & get ready for round two. The rest of the day goes pretty much like the first half. As if it's all not frustrating enough, I get to show off my great parenting skills to an audience most of time because I'm a freakin' gypsy. AND yes, I'm totally feeling sorry for myself right now but at least I know it.

10 comments:

Nat Lud said...

So that post is hilarious! (And only because it wasn't about my kids! Cause if it was mine there would be nothing funny about it!) :) Bubba is at that stage too and has an opinion on EVERYTHING! It's rough. I feel ya sista. Here's to one complete meal being eaten by your child--someday, right?

Josi said...

This reminds me so much of the days when I was the only one with little kids at Snowbird. I felt like all I did was chase kids, yell, and have to duck out of things because they were so horribly mis-behaved. From where I sit now (no longer chasing babies) I think you do a wonderful job. She's willful, that's for sure, but you're doing a great job and she's cute as a button. I'd take a kid with personality over a lump of cuteness anyday . . . but personality at two is a force to be reckoned with.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

They don't get cuter than Kendra, and they don't get more FANTABULOUS than you! Tomorrow will be a better day...and if not, it will be another awesome post. Hold her tight and kiss her for me because I am missing me some Schofieldians!

Melissa said...

The sun will come out - tomorrow... Just take a deep breath and go to your happy place (please refer to your sister-in-law Josi's blog). Lil' Miss Kendra Marle is sure gonna give you lots of bloggin' material. Hang in there! Kiss that stubborn sweetie for me. I sure miss you guys!

Steph said...

OH Emma jr...watch out! Emma fight about every single aspect of the day. It's worth it though isn't it!

Lindsay Cheney said...

Oh, Crystal. Kendra and Carson would get along great (or punch eat other out). He is so opinionated. I LOVE the post. It makes me feel like I am not the only mother a high-maintenance child!

Our Family said...

I can feel this happening in our house real soon! Kendra is so cute though, you can't help though at the end of the day to just smile.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I personally think their cuteness is a defense mechanism built in to save them from their parents. I don't know what it is about opinionated little girls, but they are everywhere - I have a couple myself. Hang in there and know that you're doing a good job.

Shelby said...

You are a awesome mom and Heavenly Father knew that Kendra would need someone like you. She is lots of fun and it is great that she knows what she wants out of life already and isn't afraid to fight for what she wants. Love ya and I miss you tons. Shelby

Rachel said...

You have really made me feel better lately. Well, Kendra stories anyway. I always feel like I must just be a crappy mother because mine throws such big fits all the time. It's nice to know that even a wonderful mommy like you has a little fire cracker that throws fits...even though you really are an amazing mom. :) But her tantrums are so dang cute!