Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch

We did the petting zoo first and Kendra loved the goats. She got a little excited and the petting escalated into hitting. I guess the goats didn't appreciate it so they ran away.
Then we headed down the hill for an old fashioned tractor ride. The line was forever long so Nick let Kendra roll around in the hay (literally). She especially loved this and threw a fit when we tried to pick her up.


We finally got our ride and Kendra squeeled and clapped the entire way. The bumpier the ride got, the louder Kendra got. It was too cute!



Kendra and Daddy driving the tractor!

And at last we found our perfect pumpkins. Kendra wasn't too picky, just whatever she could get her little hands on.
When it was time to go, Kendra obviously was not ready. She started crying when she saw the truck. It was so sad!

Stay tuned to see who wins our pumpkin carving contest....

NICK (booooo) OR CRYSTAL (clapping & cheering)

who will it be???

11 comments:

Nat Lud said...

That looks like a blast! I can't believe how much personality that little thing can show with her facial expressions! She makes me smile everytime. I am super excited to see the results of the pumpkin carving contest!

Grandma 'D' said...

She really does cry!! Who would have believed it? She is such a little ham. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the pumpkin carving competition.....Good Luck, and may the best wo---MAN win.

Rachel said...

What a cute little pumpkin you have. That is such a sad little face she's making at the end there. :( You could have just stayed at the pumpkin patch forever. I want to be there with you! I really miss you guys (tears & sniffles)!!

Melissa said...

Is that the pumpkin patch on the way to Pueblo? Wherever it is, it looks like fun! Kiss that lil' Kendra for me. Can't wait to see the carved pumpkins!

Crystal said...

This patch is on the east side of the springs but I heard there is an awesome one out in Pueblo. Maybe I'll talk Nick into going out there too.

Granny Annie said...

Oh......what a sad little face! Haven't seen her anything, but always so happy!
Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures!
And for the contest!!! Kendra will be the Winner! no matter what the rules are! After all she picked out the pumpkins! Go Kendra Go!
Love ya! and miss you!
Grandma and Grandpa

Crystal said...

so cute! Her crying when she saw the truck is adorable! Nick looks thrilled ;) good thing your are cute and fun, you make up for his bah hum bug'n!!

LittleMissTicia(: said...

you crack me up Crystal!!!
Okay I will follow my moms rules about make up! So how are you? I miss you and love you! Shes just such a cutie.

Love Always And Forever,
Tic

Steph said...

OH how sad. I can't believe you made her leave that magical place. Meanie. She is so beautiful and such a joy!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

First of all, your daughter is beautiful! Second, what fun - a pumpkin patch! I LOVE this time of year. Good luck for the carving contest!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I'm almost in tears myself after seeing Miss Kendra leaving the pumpkin patch. Smiles or not, is there anything cuter than her. I miss being your pumpkin patch partner, but it looks like you had fun :)