Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a good life!


Today was just a normal day. I woke up to Kendra's babbling. I layed in bed listening for a good 20 minutes before going to get her. When I opened her door she greeted me with her usual "Hi" and then proceeded to play our morning ritual game, Peek-a-Boo, where she squats down in her pack'n'play and presses her tiny hand against the mesh for me to kiss. It's after I've done this that she jumps up to finish the game. She does this over and over until her little heart is content. Finally, she reaches up for me to signal that it's time to pick her up for some loves and binky-breath kisses. I'm smitten!

She's such a happy girl, that Kendra. So happy that even I cannot stay sad for a second. She's contagious! When we go to the store, for a walk, out to eat, we get stopped because of her. I couldn't count all the old ladies that have grabbed her cheeks without warning and laid one on her. It's that red hair and pagent wave I guess.


I've had a rough week, maybe not rough but a little lonely. I could go into detail but it doesn't matter. What does matter is that I'm here with my little family. I married the best guy in the world. I have a healthy happy baby. I've met some awesome people here & overall my life is great. I'm not trying to convince myself but I am trying to remind myself of all the good things in my my life. So when I get homesick or tear up after talking with Lynette (yes, I miss you) I have to remember the most important things in life and wishing we were back home is not on that list. Wanna know what's near the top of my list? Binky-Breath kisses of course!


11 comments:

Crystal said...

priceless, I have never met a more happy & content baby. They become your whole world without you even realizing!

Sorry your sad :( we miss you so much & if it's any consolation we want you here REALLY REALLY bad.

p.s.
I LOVE the font you used for this, is it one of the font options or did you do something techy to get it?

Grandma 'D' said...

You do have a beautiful baby girl, and every right to miss your family, but just know that we miss you right back and we will see you soon enough. At Thanksgiving time, let us know we could come see you up north if you want. I love Kendra's pic but need to see her beautiful red on the head. love you baby girl....yes you Crystal and just keep lovin that little fam of yours, they are awesome. we couldn't have picked out a more perfect match for you than Nick. Just keep smiling. luv yo momma!!!

Rachel said...

You made me tear up. Even though once again I'm not the one being missed! What am I? The "other" sister? :) I'm going to go eat some worms.

I really am sorry that you're down in the dumps (I should write cards for Hallmark). I do know about lonely & missing sisters(constantly for the last 3 years), but I know that nobody understands that better than my sisters. And wonderful husbands & beautiful sweet children make everything worth it. Awwww....

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Now this blog deserves to be published. That was some awesome writing! I, too, have been met with some "missing sisters" depression. I've probably only been to Roberts and Depot Junction twice this whole year..sniffle, sniffle. And Wingers just ain't the same without my baby sister and her silly husband :) Soak in all those binky breath kisses and pagent smiles...they make the sun a little brighter! I love you and miss you more than you can imagine.

Yardley said...

I know how you feel. My sister and I are best friends and it is hard not to just talk to her everyday. I miss her so much and it doesn't help that Makenna cries too because she misses her aunt Nanna's. I also miss my mom and dad they have been on their mission for almost a year and the last time that I saw them was December 9th last year. I talk to themonce in awhile but it is not the dame as seeing them. I know I have other family but I don't see the hardly at all and I haven't seen them in almost 2 months. Not as long as you but I just wanted to say I know how you feel. It is hard to be thankfull at the same time you are sad and missing someone too, but our blessings are all around us. You are doing great with Kendra she is such a cutie.

Melissa said...

OK . . OK . . . so this hormonal momma is a blubbering mess. I miss you guys so much. I wish we lived closer so that we could go and do fun things again! Give that sweet Kendra a big kiss for me and just enjoy every second of her. "They grow up so fast" has taken on a new meaning, huh? Love you and miss you tons!!!

Granny Annie said...

So glad Halloween turned out good for you! Throughout my experiences in life....Holidays are always the worst for missing our loved ones!
We love you! And miss you!
Hope to see you soon!
Gram

Steph said...

I know exactly how you feel. That was an awesome blog. I know it's not hard but you did make me emotional. I know someday we will all be close again and i can't wait.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Amen and ditto to Steph!

Nat Lud said...

Glad Kendra keeps ya smiling even in the 'dumpy' days. She is sure a cutie! Seriously, would ya e-mail me? I could always keep your gossip tank full! girlylud@hotmail.com Have a good weekend! Love ya.

Josi said...

We all have our moments, don't we, and it takes those breathy kisses to remind us how much we do have. Great post, Crystal and great pics. She is so dang cute. I'm still praying you guys get to come out for Thanksgiving, go to a movie, share that little red-headed love :-)