Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We Moved!

That's right. We moved all the way down the road to a new RV park. I begged and pleaded with Nick to move us down here because the lack of internet and water pressure and he finally caved. It's quite high class down here too. We have gravel (not dirt), a cement pad complete with a picnic table (one you can actually sit upon), it's fenced in so no more bears AND we have free internet. HOORAY!!

Anyway, I never got to blog about my fun trip to Price so here goes:

Day 1 - drove approx 8 hours, made one stop, Kendra didn't cry once.

Day 2 - Just chilled with Melissa and Neeley. Went to Russell's and played Wii.
Day 3 - Melissa and Brian going at it and I don't mean in the bedroom. Of course I hid out in the bathroom for an hour or so trying to not be nosy but on the other hand just couldn't help myself from cracking the door a few times. Anywho, it all ended with some tears from my hormonal prego sister, a few phone calls from Mr. Charming (aka smart ass), and Neeley asking her crying mommy if daddy killed her. All ended well and we all headed up to the mountains for some much needed fresh air. Kendra ate some dirt and a lot of cookies and then we headed for home. That night, Kendra woke up around 5 am so I put her in bed with me. Just after falling back a sleep, she fell out of bed on her head. Notice the goosegg? What a day!Day 4 - The Wild Whittakers came all the way to Price for one day just to see ME. Yes I have three other sibling that also live there but I'm just positive that I was the reason for their visit. We had a blast, hence the pictures. We all tried to convince them to stay the night but Dustin foiled our plan.
Day 5 - Went swimming at the wave pool where Nils works. He talks me into hitting the "big ones". I'm thinking no big deal, I was a lifeguard myself for a few years. We head out and everything is going great until I start drowning. A few inches away is my wonderful and caring brother watching in embarrasment as I fight for my life. He's yelling at me like a coach would his athlete saying, "DON'T YOU DARE, CRYSTAL, I MEAN IT" over and over until I realize he really isn't going to save me. I finally made it out where I'm greeted by another brother laughing hysterically. What are brothers for? At least they let me know that one of the "girls" was about to pop right out. We followed up with some KFC and good old sugar cookie decorating.Day 6 - Went to Orem to get Kendra's pictures done and got to have dinner with my awesome mother and father in law.

Day 7 - Helped Melissa get some stuff organized and took pictures of the kiddies.

Day 8 - Left for home. Kendra cried most of the way.

We had so much fun and Kendra loved playing with all of her cousins but was ready to come home to Nick.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm laughing my butt off (wish that could really happen). I can't stop laughing. I don't even know what to say about the wave pool & the "girls." I'm speechless...Okay, so way cute pictures. Sounds like lots of fun & lots of chaos (what's a family gathering without chaos & drowning). :) And congrats on the move.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the 'commentary' on me and Brian's brawl. I can't even remember what we were fighting about. What you left out, is that we don't scream and yell - we just talk in circles. Good times! Anyway, we miss you guys already! Love you!

Nat Lud said...

That is quite the fun-filled post! You're pretty brave posting about the marital fighting stuff! I'm glad Spencer and Jerett don't have blogs or they'd sure have some fights to talk about! :) Glad you got to spend time with the fam. Looks like a great time! And congrats on the new pad! Yay free internet!

Granny Annie said...

Loved your blog! I am having such a good laugh! Glad your new move made you so happy! Thanks Nicki!...Loved the pictures!.....glad you didn't drown!....Cutest kids I ever seen!....Glad to hear Melissa and Brian have their little battles!....wouldn't married life be boring if we agreed on everything?.....Melissa, looks so miserable, bless her
heart! ....Hurry up Melissa and get that baby!.... Brian it's hard on pregnant Dad's too, so just spoil her a little more than you do already! patience! Patience! PATIENCE! She'll get to feeling good again soon!
Hug all those babies for me!
P.S. Send more of those entertaining blogs! Love all of you!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I was giggled and then flat out laughing my butt off too when I realized "one of the girls" was a boob. I thought they were talking about a girl lifeguard popping in to save you :) I'm such a ditz! Anyway, good times in Price, and congrats on the move! I was sold at free Internet. Miss ya and love ya more!

Steph said...

Hey was there and nobody told me about "the girls almost popping out!" I can always enjoy a good boob coming out laugh. We had so much fun! Please come again soon. I am excited for you to be moving up in the world. Free internet, it doesn't get better than that! Love you guys! Tell Nick "Hi" and that Russell has me bring up your page so he can see nick riding the Elk stature and laugh at it!

Granny Annie said...

Duh! Your old Granny finally got the "girl" thing! Yep~I thought it was a female life guard....can't stop laughing!!!!!You would have been in bad shape with out it!!!! They probably helped you stay a float ...you might have drowned! Nilsy, would have been too embarrassed to save them..opps! (you)!
P.S. love your Halloween Music and new background. Take care of the girls (hehehe)